Affiliate Benefits & Scholarships
If you are applying to one of USC's Global Partner Programs with an affiliate distinction, you may be eligible for an automatic discounts or competitive scholarships.
- Academic Programs International (API) - All API programs are eligible for this scholarship.
- Academic Studies Abroad (ASA) - Excluding summer programs and Griffith College-Dublin program.
- Butler University Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA-Butler) - Alliance for Global Education programs are not eligible.
- University of Virginia Hispanic Studies Program - Valencia, Spain (Fall only).
- University Study Abroad Consortium (USAC) - All USAC programs are eligible for this scholarship.
Eligibility for Scholarship
In order to be considered for Global Partner Program Affiliate Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Have applied to one of the above affiliate programs (proof of acceptance must be provided to the Study Abroad Office before funds are released).
- Be a full time, undergraduate USC student
- Be earning credit for his/her study abroad experience
- Be in good academic standing with a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Submit completed application materials to the Study Abroad Office by the stated deadline.
To ApplyThe Global Partner Program Affiliate Scholarship Application and Financial Plan must be submitted online, to the Study Abroad Office by 5:00 p.m. on October 5 for Spring study and March 5th for Summer/Fall/Academic Year study. Incomplete or handwritten applications will not be considered.
In order to apply for a scholarship online, you must have already applied for a program online.
- CLICK HERE to access the online Global Partner Program Affiliate Scholarship Application
- Log into your account, click on "search scholarships", and click "apply" next to "affiliate scholarship"
- Complete all required steps and submit application online
- You will need to upload your academic transcript, which can be obtained on https://my.sc.edu/ under "Student Records" - "Academic Transcript."
Additional Affiliate Scholarship Funding: Students applying to study through Cultural Experiences Abroad (CEA), and the Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) may also apply for affiliate scholarship funding directly through the program provider. Contact the program provider for more details concerning affiliate scholarships available to USC students.
AIFS - USC students going on an AIFS semester program will get an automatic $250 discount.
Academic Studies Abroad (ASA) - USC students receive:
Automatic $250 discounts for the following Spring 2015 programs: (pending)
Automatic $100 discounts for the following Spring 2015 programs: (pending)
An automatic discounted price on the Dublin, Ireland Griffith College program for any USC student. See http://www.academicstudies.com/uscdublin/ for more information.
CEA Global Education- USC students will receive a $250 grant. The affiliate grant has no deadline and applies to all of USC students that study on a CEA semester program. As an affiliate, USC students applying to CEA scholarships via their website are considered for higher-level awards.
CIS Abroad – USC students automatically receive a $250 discount per semester program or $100 per summer program. Capstone and Honors College Students applying to the Perugia, Italy program are eligible to compete for an additional $1,000 scholarship (please see a study abroad advisor for more information).
Denmark International Study Program (DIS) - USC students automatically receive a $2000 discount on semester programs.
IES Abroad - USC students automatically receive a $1,500 discount on IES semester programs.
Spanish Studies Abroad – USC students automatically receive a 10% discount on tuition for all CC-CS programs.
Study Abroad Italy (SAI) – USC students automatically receive a $300 discount for all semester programs and a $100 discount for all summer programs.